[Major miasma poisoning] Splintered anima occurs in elnins that have experienced devastating levels of miasma poisoning. When an elnin is exposed to miasma long enough for the poisoning to reach the skeletal structure, it will become brittle and easily damaged. When further compromised, it will begin to shatter on its own, causing large shards of anima to separate directly from the skeleton as the body tries to purge the contamination. These shards will grow until they breach the skin, turning into permanent jagged spike projections. Some shards fall out over time (and are counted as highly illicit arcane contraband), but most remain forever fused to the body.
[Major miasma poisoning] Occurs when miasma poisoning has begun to corrupt the flesh. Veins of black energy trace over the body to varying degrees. Pulsing flecks of light that match the elnin's anima color can be seen within. Often accompanied by manableed in the form of small flecks of light and energy visibly escaping the elnin's body.
Flight is an arcane ability that allows an elnin to fly when normally they’re unable to. Some spiritkin and elementals have been known to bless elnin with the ability of flight from time to time. This arcane ability seems to require miniature wings to attach itself to.
- Faerie’s Boon is the arcane ability that grants faenin the ability to fly. This arcane magic is often referred to as a flight extension because it is an extension on the miniature wings (fae) that allows the faenin to fly.
- Faerie’s Boon is tied to the miniature wings (fae) that all faenin have, and while this flight extension is always present on the faenin they’re not required to be always visible.
- When visible, these extensions appear as ethereal wings that come out of the miniature wings (fae). They should match the anima color (including fae accent color) of the faenin, or a near neighbor color to one of those two, and appear as a smooth gradient. If sectoral heterochromia is present, it may show up in the flight extension.
- These extensions should not have specific images or distinct shapes (such as hearts, stars, etc). They should be insect veining or swirls.
- Kittoms are not strong enough to make their flight extensions visible and they will not appear on them.
Fae variant pomu are the same as their classic standard pomu siblings but they have a few differences to allow them to fit in with their faenin companion!
w/ Oddly-colored Pomu
w/ Oddly-colored Pomu
- What makes the fae variant pomu different from the standard pomu? Well, they have the following:
- Miniature Wings (Literally, hehe.)
- Pixie Horns
- Faenin Tail Style
- Fae variant pomu have a faenin tail style instead of their usual stumpy, feathered tail. The pomu's tail can be any faenin tail style and does not have to match their faenin's tail style.
- Luminous anima doesn't impact pomus and therefore would not impact puca tails on pomus.
- If the faenin doesn’t have a faenin tail style then the pomu tail will follow the default: a flexible whip base with any configuration of winglets.
- The arm feathers may be colored, but that’s it. The colors just need to match the faenin in some way.
- The pomu of a kittom is much more round than the pomu of an adult!