Quests are multi-part adventures that your character can complete during their time in Eyre. Each quest has a specific end goal, and the rewards you receive during your quest will generally be focused toward that goal.
- For example, the Resonance quest is centered around reducing the requirements needed to mature your elnin. "Maturing" in this case refers to both the growth of a kittom into an adult, as well as the progression of an adult through the mp ranks [Villager, Adventurer etc]. The rewards received throughout the Resonance quest directly impact the ease of moving through the mp ranks as well as awarding a few perks that can help your elnin develop [namely bonus AP and MP].
Quests will generally consist of several parts, called Acts.
- A full directory of all currently available acts can be found here: [Act Directory]
Acts can be of any number of possible tasks, from performing some sort of community service in your home town to venturing out into the world to find a lost item.
- Acts should generally only be done while undertaking quests, but may be done by themselves if you are trying to fulfill any missing rank requirements you need for purchasing growth/rank up slots.
- For a full explanation and list of all available acts check out the [Act Directory]. All acts are sorted by category, as some future quests will need you to complete certain categories of acts in order to fulfill the quest requirements. If there is a requirement for a specific category of act, it will be clearly listed in the completion requirements section of that quest.
Each Quest can only be completed once during an elnin's lifetime.
Some Quests may be adult only/kittom only, please be sure to check the participation rules for each quest before you start it!
Benefits for Quests will vary! In general we want to put the things that make big changes to your elnin's personal storyline into a quest. Stuff like the Resonance quest that brings your elnin into better attunement with the world itself, and further down the line profession unlocks, combat training (both magical and martial), earning titles and achievements, and more will all likely be very quest heavy.
Not necessarily. You are completely welcome to use your elnin in the monthly art and writing prompts, participate in group events, grow and edit your elnins, and enter breeding events like kittsunami without ever touching questing. However, if you want to delve deeper into your elnin's character, questing is a great way to do that and earn some very nifty perks along the way.
Additionally, certain trait lines (subtypes/profession-specific traits/rare or exclusive mutations,/etc) will be likely be locked behind quests, so if you want to obtain these outside of USD purchases or trades with manaberry then questing will be the way to do it!
Generally, yes, you do need to finish the entire quest in order to claim your rewards. Be sure to check each quest's Rewards section for specifics.
It depends! Be sure to check out the Rewards section of each quest for a breakdown. Some rewards could end up being tracked on masterlist entries or your character's bank.
Regarding claiming rewards, the only time we check your quests and record them in an official capacity are when you file a claim for resonant status for an elnin. At that time we will review and approve all your submitted acts, mark your quest claim as completed and update your elnin's masterlist entry with the "Resonant" status.
You do not need to use all rewards at once since we will be able to reference which ones were earned and used during previous deposits and withdrawals to your character's bank.
Quest art/writing must include a full background or backdrop of some sort.
- In the case of cropped or stylized backgrounds [circle borders/platforms/etc] please try not to crowd out your backgrounds with the subject elnin(s). No percentage value requirements on this for now, just try to be mindful when planning your compositions that we want to see your backgrounds too!
Quest art/writing must include EITHER:
- Clean lines and flat colors. [No shading required].
- Rough lines/no lines with painted or cell style rendering. [Shading required].
Art/writing must include at least most of the primary subject's body. We're talking like 75-80%. This can be a bit subjective, but please try to be careful with hiding too much of an elnin's body via perspective or backgrounds/props/etc.
AP bonuses require a clear visual or written indication of the region you're claiming the AP for. For instance, a rain forest background would not be appropriate for Zevija AP. For more details on regional requirements, check out our Regional Affinity Guide as well as the resources section on the info page of the region you would like to earn AP for!
Written entries are allowed in place of visual art. Written entries must be a minimum of 900 words in addition to any previously listed applicable requirements.
All completed acts in a quest must first be submitted to their respective Act prompt on site before you can claim those Acts for resonant status and rewards. The prompts for submitting quest acts can be found here: [Act Prompts]. It's possible that you will not automatically receive feedback on your acts depending on how busy the mods are [by default quests are not "counted" until you actively go to claim the rewards. To learn more about claiming rewards see our "Claiming Quest Rewards" section below].
The comment text on Act prompt submissions must clearly list which elnin is completing the act/quest. Please also include a link to their masterlist entry along with clarifying which region's AP, if any, you are claiming.
Act art/writing must be original art done by you. Pieces heavily referenced or otherwise copied from outside sources will not be accepted.
Art/writing should be canon to Eyre. Try not to include things that are too heavily out of character for the world unless specifically mentioned in the act description [the "Mushroom Madness" act, for example].
Please do not rush your art/writing! There is no time limit on when quest art has to be completed. Stylization is ok but please be sure that stylizing doesn't mean "omitting" important details that make it easy to tell what elnin is being used and where they are located. Make sure you are adding details to your background if you're going for AP. These quests and acts are supposed to be events that are pivotal to your elnin's personal development, so please take your time and enjoy the journey.
When you are ready to claim a quest's rewards you will need to follow a few steps.
- First you will need to submit all of the individual acts that make up the quest you are trying to complete to their corresponding act prompts.
- Please note we ask that you do not submit individual acts until you are ready to claim quest rewards and have all related acts reviewed!
- Since quests are typically composed of many acts, all of which are required to earn rewards, we won't be reviewing acts independently before a claim for the rewards comes in. Submitting acts one at a time months before you're ready to claim your rewards will not expedite your questing experience. It will just mean we have more acts to sift through in our queue to find your acts later. So please submit all of your acts together right before you plan to claim the rewards.
- We will not check any acts without a claim since the claiming step should be what gives us the whole context. (ie. What rank you're questing for/if you want to be sure you've met the rank up requirements in addition to those for your quest, if you've done all the acts for an elnin kittom compared to an adult elnin, etc.)
- If you have a rank unlock requirement present in an act be sure to include the name of the rank unlock requirement in the optional comments field.
- If you are claiming an AP reward for an act please attach the character you are questing for to that act and add a reward to that character for the 1 regional AP you would like to earn for that background.
- Remember you can only earn a lifetime maximum of 3AP through the "Resonance Quest" for the elnin that is Questing.
- Acts will not be approved without a claim so we will be checking that AP amounts do not exceed the total lifetime maximum of 3AP.
- Double-check you have selected the correct AP currency for your act. We will be using this to review the background meets the corresponding requirements for earning that AP. If the background location does not match the AP you are trying to earn we will reject the act and request adjustments. Only after those adjustments are in place will we approve your claim and respective acts.
- Once all acts have been submitted you will need to submit a claim! You can submit a claim by going to the "SUBMIT" link in the upper right corner and clicking on it. Then click on "Submit Claim"
- In the URL form field
- Link your elnin's masterlist entry
- In the "Comments" text for the claim please include the following:
- Name of Quest undertaken:
- Desired rank of elnin: (What rank are you growing/ranking them up to, if any?)
- Links to each completed Act:
- Standalone Rank Unlock Requirements: Any other links to art for rank unlock requirements you want recorded down as completed.
- In the Rewards section:
- Add your character: (ELN### or MYO-ELN### format)
- Once your elnin appears off to the site click "Add Reward"
- In the Reward dropdown select "Resonating Mana" and put 3 for the amount!
- If you have any questions about the resonance quest claim process please note the Berry-Bazaar group on DeviantArt.
- In the URL form field
- After we have reviewed your claim and acts, we will approve the claim first and then the related acts mentioned in that Resonance Quest claim. Once approved, approval mods will let the masterlist mods know that "Resonant" status needs to be added to your elnin's masterlist entry stats along with notes on what rank unlock requirements have been met.
- Please allow time for the masterlist mods to update your elnin's masterlist entry on this website. If the masterlist entry is not updated within a week after your claim has been approved then feel free to note the Berry-Bazaar Group on deviantart to let us know your masterlist entry needs updating. We will do our best to get things updated quickly. Thank you!
- At this point your questing for that elnin should be complete! Keep in mind if you are working on a growth or rank up you will still want to make sure you have met the rank unlock requirements.
- These can be done alongside questing or separately.
- If you complete the rank unlock requirements separately from questing acts or monthly prompts then you will need to submit the art to the corresponding rank unlock requirement prompt if the mini-requirement is not a listed act prompt. Once the rank unlock prompts are submitted you can either add them to your quest claim to have the rank unlock info added to your masterlist entry or claim those rank unlock requirements separately.
If you need an example walkthrough of doing a Resonance Quest we provide one here with screenshots of submission examples. Submissions are not required to use the provided example formatting, however having information displayed clearly will help moderators verify requirements are met completely.
Where do I submit my quest acts?
- All acts can be submitted to their respective act prompt on site. We will only review acts once a quest claim is submitted for rewards on our site. Submitting quest acts to the deviantart group is no longer required to earn rewards, however submitting the quest using the instructions mentioned above is required if you choose to do questing.
Can I use my AP on any of my elnins?
- No, AP is currently a "character bound" group currency, so you can only use AP on the elnin you completed your quest(s) with.
Can I feature another of my own elnins or a friend's elnin in my quest?
- Absolutely! Right now we don't have any bonuses for doing this, but we are considering adding some in the future.
I'd like to do two versions of the same act in one quest, is that possible?
- Previously this was possible, however we have added a great many new acts for you guys to choose from so for now I request that each act prompt you do in a quest be a unique one.
I'm in the process of growing my kittom, but I already have their adult art prepared! Can I just use the adult version for my quests?
- We ask that people refrain from doing this for growth questlines. Elnins are kinda sorta like a certain monster of the pocket variety in that they "evolve" into an adult state when they go on adventures, see new places, learn new things, etc. Basically acquiring life experiences. The questing system is supposed to be the journey that provides this metamorphosis, so it only makes sense that they do it as a kittom and come out at the end as a shiny new adult elnin.
I have edited my kittoms stats but not the masterlist art yet. Can I draw my kittom with these edits in their quest art?
- Yes if the edit is already listed on the masterlist entry. If the mutation/edit is one you are adding with the growth slot itself using the AP you would get from completing the quests then that mutation should not appear in the art as it does not exist yet! Please refrain from adding any mutations/trait changes to questing art if they are not yet listed on the masterlist entry. Again, elnins are kinda sorta like a certain monster of the pocket variety in that they "evolve" into an adult state when they go on adventures, see new places, learn new things, etc. Basically acquiring life experiences. The questing system is supposed to be the journey that provides this metamorphosis, so it only makes sense that they do it as a kittom or elnin as they are currently and then come out at the end with their shiny new features after the questline is done.
Can I use my "Fey Sojourn" prompt for the "Peculiar Self" act?
- They are similar concepts, but I ask that you submit a new version for this act. I do think it's ok to base your quest around your elnin's old "Fey Sojourn" form though- it'd be a cool callback! But I suggest that you try to update the form, or expand upon it, rather than doing a straight copy of the same exact design. They're not based on solely on masks this time, after all!
Can I reuse/re purpose any of my other current/past prompt entries or personal art for Quest credit?
- Please refrain from reusing old art/prompt entries for quests. Act art for a quest should be new and unique art drawn for that purpose. If the art has already been posted or used in the past for something else we ask you refrain from using it. Thank you!
Can the Act(s) I submit for my Quest be done at different stages of my elnin's life [kittom/adult]?
- You must complete an act at the stage your elnin is currently at unless otherwise specifically noted in the act description ["Flashback" acts allow adults to complete them as kittoms if desired]. Just be mindful that quest requirements may change depending on if they're undertaken as an adult/kittom so be sure to read all of the quest rules beforehand!
Where can I find info on previously done Quests and Acts [legacy ones finished prior to the new system] for credit toward the new Resonance quest?
- Please visit our Legacy Quests and Acts section of our Prompt Archive page. This page should explain how you can claim any unspent AP from Legacy Quests as well as info on what counts as a Legacy Quest or Act.
If a kittom has a growth slot listed (from a previous owner or otherwise) will I be able to quest or get discounts for future rank ups?
- It depends on the nature of the growth slot...
- The first step would be to check if you elnin has resonant status listed on their masterlist entry.
- This would mean they have quested before and therefore do not need to re-quest for discounts!
- You will also be able to see if they have spent all their AP or MP from that past Quest in their character bank.
- If the elnin has not spent or earned all their AP from a Resonant Quest and you were not the original artist of those pieces you will need to do additional acts for that elnin to earn the remaining AP (up to the lifetime maximum cap. If 2 of those lifetime AP were spent on a mutation in the past you would only be eligible to do an act to acquiret he remaining 1AP).
- If the elnin has not spent all their Resonating Mana currency but has resonant status you can apply that remaining MP to hair lengths at any time so long as the noble 13MP cap is not breached. Keep in mind also if the added MP breeches a rank threshold you will need to pay the respective discounted rank up price.
- If your elnin has not quested and has a growth slot you would not get the discounts for future rank ups nor the 3 Resonating Mana currency and potential 3AP.
- Elnin who would like to quest while they have a growth slot with unapproved growth art will need to do questing either by:
- Using "Flashback" acts only as their kittom self
- Getting adult art approved for that slot and following the normal resonance quest process with their approved adult design.
- Using "Flashback" acts only as their kittom self
I have an elnin that is a noble that has never quested! Can I do the resonance quest for that elnin to gain more AP or MP for them?
- Yes, any elnin can do the resonance quest for the AP or Resonating Mana bonuses.
- AP requirements will still need to be met to earn the AP.
- Resonating Mana currency received from Questing for a noble elnin that has never quested before is only usable towards applying MP towards an elnin's respective ear fluff length, hair length, and tail size up to the 13MP cap. If your noble elnin quests with 13MP this means they will not be able to take advantage of the MP earned from questing.
Can I use the bonus AP I earned from questing as a standalone edit if I do not want to grow my kittom or rank up my elnin?
- Yes, you can use the AP earned from questing before growing or ranking up your elnin assuming the resonance quest and AP requirements have been met.
- Note: This does not mean you can use any mutations you would spend that AP on in the quest art itself! It would be like spending currency before it has been earned. For that reason please make sure your quest art reflects the current state of your elnin's masterlist entry.
- Questing AP is spent on a kittom as an edit (after that AP has been earned and approved).
May I have the link to the Act Directory again?
- Sure! It's right over here: [Act Directory].
Do you have any examples of what Questing looks like?
- Yes! You can find an example of what questing looks like in the Resonance Quest section of our Helpful Walkthroughs page. Keep in mind requirements will vary depending on if you are questing as a kittom or an adult elnin!
My act or claim was soft-rejected! Do I have to have the changes completed within a specified time frame?
- No, you do not need to complete the changes within the specified time frame for acts or claims! Staff are required to add a cooldown when soft rejecting all prompts, acts, and claims due to our site's setup, but if you're unable to get the changes in before the edit period expires, simply re-submit the resonance claim or act with the updated links/info and you should be good to go!
If I submit art, do I need to include a written portion as well?
- While a written portion is not required, it can help provide context on what is happening, especially if the art doesn't clearly portray this in the act. If we're unsure of what's happening within the act, we may request that some context be provided via text (generally no more than 2-3 sentences), though you are also free to edit the art instead if preferred!
Welcome to the Garden! Or, rather, a Garden, one that you're free to imagine is located in any number of places. There are in fact many Gardens scattered across Eyre, at least one or more in every major city with a few locations in smaller towns scattered here and there.
What is a Garden, you ask? Well, to put it simply, it's where elnins go when they want to improve themselves, manawise. There was at some point a totally witty acronym associated with the name, something about growth, advancement, resynchronization, etc and so forth, but it has mostly fallen out of common use as the imagery of a garden being a place where you "grow" has since... taken root 8D.. in its place.
There are many elnins who work exclusively at their local Garden helping other elnins to reach their full potential. One of the more common forms of assistance the Garden provides is called resonance therapy. It involves an elnin returning to the Garden after spending some time out in the world, and bringing particular impressions and memories back with them. They share these memories and the residual ambient mana picked up during their adventures with a Garden adept, who works with them to seek insights and personal discoveries through reflection and exploration of these captured memories. The therapy isn't entirely psychological however, as the adept will use these deeply meditative sessions to gently make synchronization adjustments to the subject elnin's mana, bringing them closer in harmony to the greater flow of energy through Eyre itself.
[What does all this fancy talk actually accomplish? It makes it significantly easier for an elnin to increase their rank, as well as providing a few little perks to use when ranking up/growing. For details on how the discount rewards work, please read the rewards breakdown section below!]
Important: This quest does have different requirements if any act is undertaken as a kittom.
- Keep in mind, you must complete an act at the stage your elnin is currently at unless otherwise specifically noted in the act description [ie, flashback acts].
- If you complete any Resonance act as a kittom [including acts marked as "flashback" eligible], you must also include one of the following items to fulfill all quest requirements.
- One additional act of Any category. This will be considered "Act 4".
- Include an adult elnin (kyunru or kyulin) in at least two of your acts OR including at least two in one of your acts.
- Elnin/kyunru/kyulin present for this requirement must also meet the 75-80% body visibility rule that the primary subject follows. This can be a bit subjective, but please try to be careful with hiding too much of an elnin's body via perspective or backgrounds/props/etc.
- For writing the secondary adult character must be actively present throughout most (75-80%) of the act.
- One additional act of Any category. This will be considered "Act 4".
General Requirements: A minimum of 3 Acts is required to complete the Resonance quest. Category requirements [if any] will be listed below.
- Act 1 :Any category
- Act 2 :Any category
- Act 3 :Any category
- All acts should be submitted to the their respective Act prompt on site when you are ready to have them reviewed to claim quest rewards. We do not review act submissions without a claim, so please keep in mind even if they are submitted to the correct Act prompt we will only review acts once they are submitted for rewards.
Important If you are planning to purchase growth or rank upgrade slots after you complete the Resonance quest, keep in mind that most ranks have their own specific requirements that you may want to include in your acts.
- These could require completion of a particular category of act or depicting specific events/imagery of your elnin's personal journey, so it's a good idea to review them to see what you might be able to include during your quest!
- Comprehensive breakdowns for rank unlocks can be found in both of the design edit page for [Adult Elnins] and [Kittoms]. The costs are different depending on if you're ranking up an adult versus growing a kittom so be sure to check out the appropriate guide!
- An example walkthrough of a Resonance Quest being done for an elnin can be found here.
Total rewards available once all quest requirements are fulfilled:
- AP [x3]
- Resonating Mana [x3]
- Permanent "Resonant" status.
- All rewards are locked to the elnin that completed the quest.
- AP rewards are dependent on which area you complete during Acts 1-3. You will not receive additional AP for completing an Act 4. [Ex: You get +1AP for Ahza if your act takes place in any location with an Ahza themed background/setting].
AP is primarily used to purchase mutations for your elnin. You do not need to complete all of your acts in the same region. Just remember that if you want to apply a mutation with AP, you must have the appropriate amount of AP for that mutation's specific region of origin [You can't purchase a Bellmoril mutation with Ealei AP and so forth].
- Resonating Mana is a reward you can use to acquire more MP for your elnin! A single Resonating Mana is equal to adding 1MP to your elnin. MP acquired by using this reward must be applied specifically to hair length, ear fluff length, and/or tail sizes only. It cannot be used to upgrade, add, or change tail styles or crowns. Resonating Mana cannot be used to apply MP that would bump a noble elnin above the noble maximum 13MP threshold.
- "Resonant" means that your elnin's mana flows smoothly and is in harmony with the greater flows of energy through Eyre. The resonant status is currently only used to reduce the rank cost of growths and/or rank upgrades, but could evolve further uses as we are able to expand our ARPG.
- Mechanically, the resonant status affects how easily your elnin achieves particular ranks. For example, the base EC cost to grow a kittom into an adventurer rank elnin is 42EC [that's the cost of the adventurer rank just by itself, and does not include any edits/mp additions which are calculated separately]. That's pretty high up there, but still achievable if you've banked EC. However, if you complete a full Resonance quest for your kittom, the cost of the rank drops all the way to 11EC! The full discount breakdowns for resonant elnins can be found on the rank upgrade or growth slot purchasing pages as the amounts are slightly different depending on if you're growing a babu elnin or ranking up an adult.
- Lore wise, an at rest resonant elnin gives off a pleasant "thrumming" vibe when perceived by other mana-sensitive creatures. Nothing overt or distracting, more like a silent, subtle purring- the kind of thing that you tune out immediately, but gives you a sense of calm and relaxation on a subconscious level. The company of resonant elnins has also been proven to lower your blood pressure and reduce stress.