Flight is an arcane ability that allows an elnin to fly when normally they're unable to. Some spiritkin and elementals have been known to bless elnin with the ability of flight from time to time. This arcane ability seems to require miniature wings to attach itself to.
- This boon varies depending on an elnin's associated subtype.
- Flight Boons are tied to the miniature wings that subtype elnin have (unless a subtype dictates otherwise).
- Some subtypes, like Faenin, depict a visual effect called a "flight extension" that is always present on those subtype nin, even though flight extensions are not required to be always visible. For other subtypes, like Djinnin, there is no visual manefestation of a flight boon.
- Kittoms are not strong enough to make their flight extensions visible, so they will not appear on them.
For Faenin / Faerie's Boon
- Faenin subtype elnin receive the Faerie’s Boon, which is the arcane ability that grants faenin the ability to fly. This arcane magic is often referred to as a flight extension, because it is an extension on the miniature wings (fae) that allows the faenin to fly.
- Flight extensions, when visible, appear as ethereal wings that come out of the miniature wings (fae). They should match the anima color (including fae accent color) of the faenin, or a near neighbor color to one of those two, and appear as a smooth gradient. If decora anima is present, it may show up in the flight extension, but not as specific shapes and only as more organic solid edged patches of the decora color.
- These extensions should not have specific images or distinct shapes (such as hearts, stars, etc). They should also have insect veining or swirls.
For Djinnin / Fiend's Boon
- Djinnin subtype elnin receive the Fiend’s Boon, which is the arcane ability that grants faenin the ability to fly. The Fiend's Boon does not display visually in any way on Djinnin.