This happens when the mana filaments that make up an elnin's hair are constantly phasing through various densities, or dissolving entirely to release small amounts of surface mana into the air. This gives the hair an ethereal, shimmering appearance accented by tiny points of diffracting light. It can also cause sections of hair to take on an auroral aspect as mana released by dissipating filaments coalesces into delicate sheets of iridescent color and light. This normally only happens for a short moment when an elnin is consciously changing the length of their hair, and is generally not a sustainable effect. However, some elnins exhibit this visually striking state of flux at all times.
A mutation characterized by huge, dilated pupils and an iris that takes up the entire eye. Sclera is not visible in doe-eyed nin. Has no visible effect on horns.
- Keep in mind that since the large area in the center of the eye is actually the pupil, it always needs to be black or very close to black. You can have a tint of color to match your elnin's eyes better but it should appear black at a glance.
Starlit mutation present within the anima. The starlight is also able to come off of the anima's surface, creating a small aura of sparkling starlight around the horns and eyes.
- If Starlit suffusion is present, the anima can display a galaxy-like effect.
- The starlight needs to be to either be white or a near-neighbor to the anima color.
- Exception: If the Elnin also has Starlit Suffusion, the starlight may be the same color as they are in the Starlit Suffision
- Starlight within anima implies celestial favor.
Fur is full of twinkling points of light as if full of tiny stars. Coat is self illuminating and actively gives off a softly shimmering radiance. Tiny stars and constellation markings will also float off of the elnin, often spreading into the hair and tail. When moving, starlight will trail behind momentarily before disappearing. Light and twinkling effect can be dimmed or hidden at will. "Starlit suffusion" also covers all constellation-like markings.
- Starlit suffusion adds small stars that float off the elnin's base coat and around their body, but the effect is general and should not localized to any one very small part of the body like just around the feet or near an elnin's head.
- Avoid placing starlit suffusion near eyes/horns/anima colored paws and paw pads closely to avoid it being mistaken for starlit anima or phantom step.
- Constellation markings only occur if starlit suffusion is present.
- Some stars in starlit suffusion can have little trailing tails, but they should be kept relatively small.
- Starlit suffusion does not add any sort of large solid glowing trail or after image behind an elnin's body as they move, only the small stars themselves can appear to trail behind an elnin when they move.