Standard miniature wings are small nonfunctional wings. Elnin with miniature wings cannot actually fly, as they are too small, but they sure are cute!
The faenin variant of miniature wings is always accompanied by the arcane Faerie's Boon on masterlist entries, which allows for flight for faenin with miniature wings. If this boon is not present then the elnin cannot fly with faenin miniature wings! You can find more about it in Flight under the Faerie's Boon section!
- Miniature wings should be kept smaller than the length of the body and be able to fit within the elnin's torso if overlayed.
- Miniature wings should mirror one another and be symmetrical.
- What can affect miniature wings?
- YES: Starlit Suffusion, Emberglow Suffusion, Luminous Suffusion, Shimmering Suffusion, Iridescent Suffusion, Metallic Suffusion, Crystallization, Splintered Anima (Can cause winglets to look tattered, but anima splinters should not be present on the winglets themselves. The only exception to this would be if there is underlying bone or muscle in a specific spot that the splintering is originating from, like feathered or batwing-like miniature wings have.)
- NO: Anima mutations, aside from the effect from splintered anima stated above.
- Splintered Anima specific miniature wing guidelines:
- Can optionally create a tattered look to the miniature wing mutation (and winglets).
- Splintered anima being present allows for tears in Miniature Wings (Fae / Fiendish) or damaged feathers in Miniature wings (Feathered).
- On normal wings, there shouldn't be any sections of the wings that look like it could fall off, such as any bits hanging off the middle section of the wing that appear to be partially detached. Imagine a peninsula but with a noticeable cinch point where a frayed piece is just barely hanging onto the wing.
- Splintered anima being present allows for small, irregularly-placed holes to appear in miniature wings.
- Tears and holes from the presence of the splintered anima mutation mean that there can be subtle differences in the wing's silhouette. For example, one wing could be more tattered than the other and have tears or holes in different places.
For Faenin / Miniature Wings (Fae):
- The miniature wings would be butterfly or moth-like, and labeled "Fae".
- For faenin miniature wings, the main bulk of the wing should follow the "smaller than the length of the body" rule mentioned above. However, streamers and trailers can be longer.
- For faenin miniature wings, the wings still must mirror one another. This means each wing should have a similar silhouette if layered over the other wing.
- The faenin variant of miniature wings appears on elnin with the faenin subtype, and is always accompanied by the arcane Faerie's Boon on masterlist entries, which allows for flight for faenin with miniature wings. If this boon is not present, then the elnin cannot fly with faenin miniature wings! You can find more about it in Flight under the Faerie's Boon section!
For Djinnin / Miniature Wings (Fiendish):
- The Bulb (Fiendish) tail style encompasses very short thick reptile-like tails (think gecko tails). This tail style is not limited to just a gecko-looking tail in texture, they can have tails that are bumpy or smooth.
- The miniature wings would be batwing-like, and labeled "Fiendish".
For ??? / Miniature Wings (Feathered):
- The miniature wings would be birdwing-like, and labeled "Feathered".
- If your elnin's miniature wing type is not specified please submit a support ticket to clarify which miniature wing type your elnin has. If a wing type is not specified, this does not mean you can choose any miniature wing type. Staff will have to determine which type your elnin was granted and make sure that detail is specified on the masterlist before a design approval goes through for that elnin.