[M-043] Aquatic Acquaintances
#43 Draw or write about your elnin or kittom identifying a fish or aquatic critter they have caught or found! — Show details for more info.
Community World Building Prompt!
Hello everyone! This month's prompt is a world building prompt. This month the fish/aquatic critters depicted in entries may be selected to become part of Eyre's lore. We're looking for interesting fish/aquatic critters that may be associated with specific regions so if your prompt is region specific for AP this month consider what types of aquatic life might fit that region well. Please only include fish/aquatic critters you would be comfortable with possibly becoming canon in Eyre. Not all fish/aquatic critters are guaranteed to become canon this is just more or less a disclaimer so you are aware by participating you're allowing us to use your aquatic critter ideas/contributions to be used in Eyre. If you don't want to create a diverse new type of fish/aquatic critters specifically please just draw a generic fish you think would exist in a space.
A Fishy Raffle
For the month of June we'll be hosting a raffle for 10 Overwild (Aquatic) Tail Tokens. Please read below the prompt's description for additional info on how to enter and rules. Completing this month's prompt will not automatically enter you for this raffle, you will need to submit a response to a google form so please keep this in mind!
The Regional Affinity information has its own broader resource here: [Regional Affinity Guide]! Please make sure you include the correct info for verifying your prompt qualifies for AP. Thank you!
Please be sure you're familiar with our basic rules before continuing!
This month's "Quick Rules":
- Entry Window: 05/01 - 05/30 11:59pm PST.
- To Enter: Use the "Submit" button for this prompt!
- Completion Reward: 6EC
- One of the following:
[For written entries] Word count reaches 1200: 2EC
[For drawn entries] Including a second elnin/kittom (or other CS): 2EC
- Second elnin/kittom must be 75-80% visible to claim this bonus!
[Regional Affinity] You're able to acquire 1 AP for this prompt if the background drawn fits the region! Please remember to make it visually distinct to the region, not a random wall, table, grass, tree, etc. You can have a background not themed towards a specific region, but it will not count for this bonus. (See the [Regional Affinity Guide] to learn more about this bonus. For specific guidelines on qualifying for AP for a region you will want to reference the Regional Affinity Guide and the background resources on the page of the region you want to earn AP for!)
Qualifying for AP: In order to verify that your piece qualifies for an Affinity Point (AP), please add the following information to your prompt submission comment text:
- Regional Affinity: [ Eyre Region name (e.g. Ahza, Bellmoril, Ealei, Enmir, Faerindell, Kyendi, Palu'au Islands, Silveil, Strynhalde, Zevija ) ]
- Elnin: [ Link to masterlist entry or their ELN# from the masterlist ]
- One of the following:
- Maximum Entries: 
- All entries must include a background.
- Please only submit newly created art. Please do not submit commissioned works or previously-created art or art done on reused bases.
- As always, non-owners are more than welcome to enter!
- Shading is no longer being required for prompts but flat colors are still required. Shading is now optional.
- Collab pieces are not allowed for prompt submissions.
Art by CandyChameleon
#43 Draw or write about your elnin or kittom identifying a fish or aquatic critter they have caught or found!Some elnin are still boasting about their catches from last month, while others are still struggling to identify them. Other elnin may have their paws full and can't lift their discoveries from the water (some the size equivalent to what elseworlders would call "Tuna"). What sort of fish or aquatic critter have they discovered? Experts are requesting the help of locals to report their discoveries in great detail so they can be catalogued for their fellow travelers in need.
( Fish/aquatic critters should be non-magical life that any average elnin or kittom could encounter! These fish/critters may adapt for surviving in some regions though naturally. Like fish that swim just fine with frost covered fins and so on, not because they are magical and wield ice but because they live somewhere cold like Strynhalde. Aquatic critters should be primarily aquatic, think sea turtles vs. your standard turtles, and should be depicted with respect to the environment they live in. No tuna sized fish in tiny streams, have mercy.
June Raffle Details
- To be entered into the Overwild (Aquatic) tail raffle pool you must have completed a submission for either last month's prompt ( [M-042] Fishing with Finesse ) or this month's prompt ( [M-043] Aquatic Acquaintances ).
- This raffle will be rolled on July 3rd, with an exact time pending!
If your submission is soft rejected, the mod who did so will explain the requirement you missed and you will need to fix it before resubmitting it. We will not be giving leeway for edits this month relative to the raffle. If your edits are not made and submitted before the 3rd of July you will not be allowed to enter the raffle. The raffle form will close July 2nd at 11:59pm PST.
- Complete your prompt piece.
- Submit your prompt piece to this prompt.
- Once your entry is approved by a moderator on site please fill out the form for the raffle you are eligible to join:
Item being Raffled:
- Overwild (Aquatic) Tail Token x10
- Tokens will be raffled off to entrants, but each entrant can only win a max of 1 token. If you win a token you may not win another.
- These tokens are considered free gifts, so these tokens will have zero added resale value.
- These tokens are not MYO slots/characters. If you do not own an elnin you may choose to hold onto the token until you have an elnin you wish to apply it to.
- The tokens themselves can't be traded, gifted, swapped, etc. They must be used on an elnin/kittom and art must be updated for the token to be removed from your inventory. We will not be adding the tail style to an elnin's notes section, the token must be attached to the design update of the elnin it is being used on with the respective art change.
- Keep in mind you absolutely may not trade this token at all whether it's for art, under the table, etc. If you do not want the token any longer please submit a ticket on site and a moderator will remove it from your account to be re-raffled off to the community at a later time. (Specifics will be announced should this come up.)
- If you are found attempting to trade a token from this raffle you will receive a warning and the token will be removed from your account. If the token is discovered to be part of any under the table trades after its use both you, and the other party will receive warnings. You can, of course, trade your elnin with the Overwild (Aquatic) tail after, but it should not have been part of a deal made prior to the application of the token.
- Any group member found soliciting winners for their tokens will also be warned for doing so. If you win a token and are approached by another group member to trade your free gift you are welcome to submit a ticket to the moderator team on site and we will handle it. We may take more severe actions than just a warning if a user is found to be persisting to solicit the same user or soliciting other winners. Please be kind to fellow group members. No one wants to be harassed for something they won.
- Free gifts in this group are free gifts. Any profiting or attempting to profit from them by way of trade is frowned upon and grounds for a warning. As users must enter themselves manually into these flaffles we will be taking this to mean you want the token for yourself. Trading or attempting to trade implies otherwise and will not be tolerated as it is directly taking opportunities away from other community members that participated. Again, if you do not want the token at a later time you may always give it back to the group via submitting a ticket and allowing the moderator team to re-raffle it off at a later time.
- Use of this token on an elnin will apply a 1 month cooldown
- This cooldown starts when the design update art is finished and approved by the moderator team via design updates.
- Prompt entries must be submitted by 6/30, 11:59pm PST.
- If your prompt entry has been soft rejected, the fixed entry must be resubmitted by 7/1, 11:59pm PST at the latest. After your prompt is approved you may enter the form.
- Entries that miss either of these deadlines are not eligible for the token prizes. No extensions, no exceptions.
- If you fear you may have somehow entered the raffle form twice on accident (via being signed in through another family members account or some other means) please submit a ticket! The form will be limited to 1 response per google account so if we see names appearing twice we will reach out via modberry prior to July 3rd PST time. If we do not get a prompt response before the time the tokens are raffled on July 3rd then any names found to have entered more than once will be entirely removed, both the initial entry and the duplicate entry.
If you're a non-owner looking for an Elnin to draw, or if you'd like to offer your Elnin for use to non-owners, please take a look over here at Our Gift Art Resources Page:
As usual, please feel free to ask questions if anything is unclear. Have fun!!
- FAQs -
A: Yes! A background is required for this month.
A: Yes! Absolutely. Please fill out this form linked below. You will need a link to your prompt submission from either this month or last month!
A: No, the raffle is one submission per person, but if you did the prompt last month and don't have time this month you can use May 2021's prompt submission to enter!