Allows an elnin to exhale puffy wisps of colored smoke. Aside from being pretty darn effective at inducing drowsiness, it's not particularly useful for anything else. It does make for a lovely display though. Smoke color should match anima color (will also display starlit anima mutation if present).
When an elnin's anima presents two core colors in a particular configuration: Left color will align on the entire left side- eye/horn/skeleton, and vice versa for the right. Flavor lore: This is considered a balanced alignment. A representation of the nature of harmonious duality, with each side balanced equally.
An Elnin with Iridescent Suffusion can give large areas of its fur or hair iridescent qualities. This means the fur can appear to change color when you look at it at different angles and have a subtle sheen to it. Think of butterfly wings or bird feathers! This mutation does not give off independent light. This mutation has broad areas in which it can be placed (body, hair, tail, etc.), similar to other suffusion mutations, but this mutation cannot completely turn a large portion of an elnin iridescent. For example, an elnin cannot be solid iridescent in coloration.
- The examples show how the combination of the color transition and sheen best conveys an iridescent quality.
- For design approvals, we know this effect can be quite hard to render. Just do your best! You could either show a color transition or the sheen on the fur, it is not required to show both.
- Rainbow effects and color transitions are not limited to Iridescent Suffusion.
An elnin with Metallic Suffusion can give a metallic sheen/appearance to existing markings on the fur of an elnin or on hair strands. The effect can appear like solid metal or be more subtle. Metallic suffusion changes an elnin's fur/hair appearance at a surface level, not the actual inner material of any limbs, even in cases where it may appear solid. This trait is defined by fur, hair, or markings that shine noticeably in reaction to a light source. This mutation does not give off independent light. This mutation has broad areas in which it can be placed (body, hair, tail, etc.), similar to other suffusion mutations, but this mutation cannot completely turn a large portion of an elnin one solid metallic color.
- Can be any color, but must be rendered in a way that it is obviously metallic
- If you have a lot of color transitions occurring or highlights that reflect other colors we may recommend looking at the Iridescent Suffusion mutation instead
- Can have an outline / appear to be slightly raised off the body
- If you do not have Metallic Suffusion please avoid drawing thin outlines on your markings, as it can give the appearance of Metallic Suffusions
- Can give limb markings a solid-looking metalic effect (ie. A solid gold leg marking, a solid gold head marking, etc.)
- Markings cannot immitate intricate machinery or false limbs
- No bionic/cyborg/steampunk full features on elnin through application of this trait are allowed
- Imitating false limbs/mechanical parts could imply injuries that are a wholly separate from markings and would not be acquirable by applying this mutation. They could also potentially breech lore in terms of appearing too high tech for what is typical in Eyre.
Imagine your elnin had glitter thrown on them, and you have Shimmering Suffusion! This mutation is defined by a sparkly shimmering quality to the coat or hair in reaction to a light source. Does not give off independent light. Please avoid "twinkle" effects or stylization since that could conflict with Starlit Suffusion.
- Varying the opacity of your dots and having them overlap in places is a good way to achieve this effect
- If you do not have Shimmering Suffusion but want to have small dots on your elnin, please try to keep them to be all a the same opacity and not overlapping to avoid conflicting with Shimmering Suffusion