A benign form of manableed. Mana has permeated the sclera, infusing it with an unusual coloring. Colored sclera must not read as black or a hue so dark it's not discernable as a color other than black.
Note: Black sclera standalone is present as part of the higher rarity mutation called Infernal Gaze. Black sclera alongside cracked horns denotes the non-hereditary mana flaw, Gloom Kissed, which is not readily available at this time. If your sclera is deemed too dark or close to black in approvals changes will be requested, or staff may recommend pursuing the Infernal Gaze mutation.
This mutation comes in two states. "Inactive" state appears as simple black sclera with no visible affect to iris color or horns. "Active" state will also shroud the iris, turning the entire eye a perfectly solid pitch black. Horn appearance may (optionally) be affected while mutation is in its "active" state, turning a fully opaque black as well.
- For design approvals, please provide the inactive state for masterlist art and approval. This is needed to see the elnin's anima color. If you want to show the active state on the masterlist art you can provide both and do a quick follow-up design update to get the active state art after the inactive state art is approved (similar to outfit approvals).
- Elnin opinions and superstitions relative to this trait can vary from region to region.
- Like infernal gaze might be associated with mana flaws (though it is not actually a mana flaw at all).
- Some regions may percieve hallowed gaze and infernal gaze traits on the same elnin in varying ways as well.
- In a region like Kyendi elnin with both hallowed gaze and infernal gaze may be considered lucky and well balanced, as this region holds a sense of balance in high regard.
- A region like Enmir, where elnin are particularly superstitious, might have locals that find an elnin with both traits split equally to be quite unnerving and uncomfortable to be around.
While all elnin naturally have pointed teeth/claws (just like a cat would) they are rather small. Infused teeth/claws have an active state that allows them to appear much larger than standard elnin teeth/claws, match the elnin's anima color, or both!
- For masterlist art, if there is no visible change in an elnin's teeth to show this mutation is present then it would show in the claws on the art. These claws would be prominent and visible in some way, regardless of whether they are the standard white color or anima colored.
- Elnin claws are retractable when this mutation is in an inactive state.
- The top teeth can be elongated, the bottom teeth can be elongated, or both!
- If you do not have prominent teeth, but wish to draw your elnin's teeth for the sake of expression or attitude, be sure that the rest of the teeth can also be seen. Standard elnin canines are not much longer than the rest of their teeth, and so they could not be seen without seeing the rest of the teeth.
- Single fangs showing out of an open mouth or closed mouth are reserved for this mutation.
- You may feel free to stylize your teeth like an anime fang expression.
This mutation can be depicted in a few ways:
- Teeth/claws that are anima colored.
- Teeth that are visibly larger. Prominent enough to stick out of the mouth visibly when it's closed but not tusk-like, as you would see on an elephant.
- Claws that are visibly larger than standard claws, but no longer than the overall paw size itself.
- Standard elnin claws are tiny and usually retracted.
- Any combination of the three aspects above... for example:
- Larger claws and teeth that are anima colored.
- Claws that are larger but not anima colored.
- Teeth that are larger but not anima colored.
- Normal-sized teeth and claws that are anima colored.
- Claws can be visible on anywhere from one (1) paw to all four (4) paws. Feel free to show all four, just the back or front paws, or even just one paw for some flair!
We require that mutations be visibly shown on masterlist art. Due to this trait having an active and inactive state though, for prompts and acts you're welcome to mask this trait and have your elnin's claws appear to be a normal size and color!
Unlike the standard ears that are plush and have a noticable tuft/flare of fur at the tip, sleek ears are sharply pointed, with very little extra fluff around the edges. This mutation does not stack with the rounded ears mutation!
Long kitty whiskers sprouting from muzzle or cheeks.
- Only cat whiskers are allowed for this mutation. Thin lines protruding from the muzzle or cheeks of an elnin without any sort of outline.
- Whiskers should not exceed the length of a standard elnin's body (roughly 2x the width of an elnin's head) but may be shorter.
- Fishy or dragon-like whiskers are not allowed for this mutation.