This mutation comes in two states. "Inactive" state appears as normal white sclera with a faded iris and no visible affect to horns (horn color is not faded and retains vibrancy). "Active" state will also shroud the iris, turning the entire eye a solid brilliant white. Horn appearance may (optionally) be affected while mutation is in its "active" state, turning fully white and giving off a steady glow.
- For design approvals, please provide the inactive state for masterlist art and approval. This is needed to see the elnin's anima color. If you want to show the active state on the masterlist art you can provide both and do a quick follow-up design update to get the active state art after the inactive state art is approved (similar to outfit approvals).
- Be sure to put the white fade over the entire in for the inactive state - including the iris, the iris' lineart, the sclera, and all shadows.
- If your elnin has colored sclera, the white fade must still go over the colored sclera and the colored sclera will appear faded.
- Elnin opinions and superstitions relative to this trait can vary from region to region.
- Like hallowed gaze might be associated with spirits or celestial magic (just as a public reaction/superstition, not that they are actually related to either of these things).
- Some regions may percieve hallowed gaze and infernal gaze traits on the same elnin in varying ways as well.
- In a region like Kyendi elnin with both hallowed gaze and infernal gaze may be considered lucky and well balanced, as this region holds a sense of balance in high regard.
- A region like Enmir, where elnin are particularly superstitious, might have locals that find an elnin with both traits split equally to be quite unnerving and uncomfortable to be around.
A benign form of manableed. This trait manifests as a noticeable fiery glint or trail of light from an elnin's dominant eye.
- Because the trail of light matches the anima color, this also means it will reflect any mutations that affect the anima. For example:
- Elnin with dual-toned anima would show both colors in a gradient.
- Elnin with heterochromia, odd-eyed, chimeric anima, or kaleidoscopic anima will have the trail match the color of the eye it is emitting from.
- An elnin with starlit anima would have the starlit effect in the trail as well. The same goes for other similar effects.
- The trail of light should be thin and tapered, quickly dissipating as it gets further away from the eye. Please avoid making swirly, billowing, cloud-like effects.
- Inner fire should be one continuous body. Any breaks should remain connected to the main body or quickly taper off.
- The inner fire shouldn't be longer than a standard elnin body.
- This trait is usually associated with elnins of a feral nature, hinting at a connection with wild magic.
- When an elnin with inner fire is excited/angry/distressed/etc, the effect will usually intensify and spread to both eyes.
Where the surface of the horns are solid and the interior of the horn structure cannot be seen. This mutation affects the horns and skeleton, but does not have any noticeable effect on the eyes.
Encompasses all types of ears that are smaller than standard. This mutation can also be stacked with the sleek, rounded, lop, or upright/forward mutations. This mutation does not stack with oversized ears!
Causes an elnin to have three identical tails.