Winglets (Fae) are small, non-flight related insect or butterfly wing-like adornments that can appear on the arms, legs, around the eyes, or at the base of the tail.
- Attachment points for winglets are on the eyes, legs, and rump (where the tail attaches).
- You do not need to place winglets in every location, they are optional!
- The main body of the winglets should be about the same as the size of the eye or smaller
- Fine streamers and trailers can be longer.
- If your elnin has a fae tail type then the winglets at the tail base can be larger than winglets present in other areas, just keep them reasonably proportioned to the tail itself.
- All the winglets do not have to be the same size, you can make them smaller or larger as you prefer.
- The style of the winglets has a lot of flexibility, as long as it is based on an insect. Get creative!
- You can have small beetle-like shell coverings on the winglets, except on the eyes.
- What can affect winglets?
- YES: Starlit Suffusion, Emberglow Suffusion, Luminous Suffusion, Shimmering Suffusion, Iridescent Suffusion, Metallic Suffusion, Crystallization, Splintered Anima (can cause winglets to look tattered, but anima splinters should not be present on the winglets themselves).
- NO: Anima mutations, aside from the effect from splintered anima stated above.
- If any mutations are not listed here then we have no definitive answer for it. Please check with us first before going forward if the mutation is not on the list.
This mutation is only inheritable directly from faenin (must explicitly list "faenin" as a subtype on their masterlist entry). Normal elnins with Winglets (fae) cannot pass on any type of winglets to their kittoms since there is no "standard" version of this trait.