Hi everyone! We wanted to do some activities back in July and August, and it’s already September! Time flies. So we’ll be running these activities from now until the end of September!
- Activity answers/responses will be submitted via claim(s) using the appropriate activity form provided alongside each activity below.
- Claims can be submitted from now until September 30th, 11:59pm PST.
- Activity claims submitted after 11:59pm PST on September 30th will be rejected.
- There will be no edit period past the activity end time, so please do not submit or resubmit anything late!
- That said, if you submit an activity claim and it gets rejected for whatever reason (not enough syllables, missing words, etc.) you’re still free to resubmit a new claim with revisions as long as it’s before the activity end time stated above.
Activity #1 : Haiku Hijinx
Create some regional or Eyre related haiku!
- You can earn a maximum of 2EC from doing this activity (6 haiku max).
- Every 3 haiku submitted is equal to 1 EC earned.
- Each haiku must have the correct number of syllables! (5 on the first line, 7 on the second line, and 5 on the third)
- Every haiku must be written in English.
- It doesn’t need to be perfect English as long as the theme you’re trying to get across is clear! (Example: Don’t write a Palu’au Islands beach themed haiku and then put the theme down as mountains!)
- Please do not use region names or location/character names in general in these haiku. You can list your region in the theme section of the form, but just not the haiku itself!
- We were having difficulties with the number of syllables in regional names not coming across right in counters so we’re requesting names be avoided!
Please submit your themed haiku as a claim under the “Current Activity Participation” category here (https://worldofeyre.com/claims/new). You can use this link for the “URL” field: https://worldofeyre.com/news/35.september-activities . Remember to attach the correct amount of EC for the number of haiku you have submitted.
Activity #1 Claim Example
Hello! I’d like to submit these 3 haiku! I am claiming 1 EC for the Haiku Hijinx activity! I used http://writeahaiku.com/# to count syllables for these.
Theme: Faerindell Ambiance
Flower fields in bloom
Blossoms smell so fragrant now
Time to relax here
Theme: Eyre Harvest Kittom Strife
Small paws running off.
Help! They stole my crops so fast!
Which way did they go?
Theme: Zevija Signage
What is the sign for?
Dangerous water it reads...
Not a good hot spring.
Activity #2 : Amusing Tales
Let’s try to write a short story, you supply the words to fill in some blanks and we’ll supply the story in a response!
You can earn a maximum of 2EC from doing this activity (6 word lists max).
Every 3 word lists submitted is equal to 1 EC earned.
Word lists must follow the instructions beside each number on the list provided below.
Word lists must be in English (aside from your elnin’s name!).
Word List Form and Instructions:
Word List #
1. The name of an elnin you own (For Manaberry it could be Sunleth!)
2. The ID of the elnin in #1 (ex. ELN### / MYO-ELN###, for Manaberry it could be ELN001!)
3. A verb ending in -ing (ex. Running, Swimming, Fishing, etc.)
4. The name of a region in Eyre that is not Vahl D’Sari. (ex. Palu’au, Silveil, etc.)
5. An item you would find in Eyre (ex. A manaberry, a flower, a bag)
6. An elnin rank (Nestling, Villager, Adventurer, etc.)
7. A location you could find in a town in the region listed for #4. (House, bar, casino, dock, garden, etc.)
8. A second item you would find in Eyre.
9. An emotion your elnin feels often.
10. A third item you would find in Eyre.
11. Another emotion your elnin feels often.
12. Another location you could find in a town in the region listed for #4.
13. An adjective. (Handsome, annoying, friendly, pink, etc.)
14. Another elnin rank.
15. The name of a different region than the one listed in #4.
16. A word to describe a relation to your elnin. (Friend, Mother, Father, Parent, Guardian, Neighbor, Rival, etc.)
17. An occupation in Eyre.
Please submit your word lists as a claim under the “Current Activity Participation” category here (https://worldofeyre.com/claims/new). You can use this link for the “URL” field: https://worldofeyre.com/news/35.september-activities . Remember to attach the correct amount of EC for the number of word lists you have submitted.
A mod will reply back with a short story filled in based on one of your submitted responses upon approval if everything has been done correctly!
Activity #2 Claim Example
Hello! I’d like to submit these 3 word lists for the Amusing Tales activity! I am claiming 1 EC!
Word List 1
Word List 2
Word List 3
Both activities should be submitted via claim(s). If you want to submit all your haiku and word lists in one claim then you may, or you can submit them in sets of 3 haiku or word lists per claim. This isn’t meant to be a high pressure activity, just something small and fun to earn a little extra EC.